Orthopedic injuries are disorders or conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system, including bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Orthopedic injuries are common among athletes. They may result from a single traumatic event or repetitive stress on the joints and bones.
Physical Therapy by Phoenix Rehabilitations in Wichita focuses on accurate diagnosis, timely treatment, and efficient management of patients with orthopedic conditions. We aim to help you get back to the activities you love as quickly and safely as possible.
Who Needs Physical Therapy?
Women and men (of all ages) can use physical therapy to treat their orthopedic injuries. Anyone who has an orthopedic injury or condition can benefit from physical therapy. Physical Therapy by Phoenix in Wichita can treat acute injuries, such as a sprained ankle, and chronic conditions, such as arthritis.
Our Orthopedic Specialists Treat an Extensive Range of Orthopedic Conditions
Some of the most common orthopedic injuries we treat include:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Ankle sprains
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Elbow injuries
- Groin strains
- Hamstring strains
- Hip pain
- Knee injuries
- Ligament tears
- Muscle strains
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
Why Should You Choose Physical Therapy?
Orthopedic physical therapy is an evidence-based approach to treating orthopedic injuries. It is a non-surgical, drug-free option that provides the following benefits.
- Relief from pain and swelling.
- Improved range of motion.
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Improved balance and coordination
- Faster return to normal activities
It focuses on each patient’s individualized needs and uses various techniques and modalities to speed up healing.
At Wichita’s Physical Therapy by Phoenix, We Provide These Orthopedic Services:
Therapy for Orthopedic injuries in Wichita may include one or more of the below treatments:
- Manual Therapy: Manual therapy is a hands-on approach that uses specialized techniques to relieve pain, increase range of motion, and improve function.
- Exercise Therapy: Exercise is an integral part of the healing process. It helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles and tissues around the joints.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization: Soft tissue mobilization uses pressure and movement to release muscle and connective tissue restrictions.
- Pain Modulation Techniques: Pain modulation techniques help the body release endorphins, natural pain relievers.
- Muscle Energy Techniques: Muscle energy techniques use the patient’s muscles to help improve the range of motion.
- Electrotherapy: Electrotherapy uses electrical stimulation to reduce pain and promote healing.
- Balance and Gait Training: Balance training helps to improve balance and coordination. Gait training helps to improve the way you walk and helps you return to your normal activities.
Get Your Personalized Treatment Plan with Us
Are you suffering from loss of motion due to an orthopedic injury? Are you in pain and looking for effective relief? Our expert physical therapists work closely with our Wichita patients to determine their best course of treatment. Physical Therapy by Phoenix will design each treatment plan to help our patients reach their unique goals.
What to Expect While at Physical Therapy by Phoenix?
We want our patients to feel comfortable while they are at our facility. We will work with each patient to determine their goals and create a treatment plan tailored to their needs.
- A clean and welcoming environment.
- A well-trained team of helpful staff members.
- Individualized care and attention.
- A positive and supportive ambiance.
Contact Us Today!
If you suffer an orthopedic injury and are located in or around Wichita, Physical Therapy by Phoenix encourages you to contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our expert therapists will help you reach your health goals and return to the activities you love!