Manual therapy is a unique physical therapy technique used to diagnose and treat various physical conditions. It involves using hands-on techniques to manipulate the soft tissues and joints to relieve pain and improve the range of motion. Physical Therapy by Phoenix offers manual therapy in the treatment of multiple conditions, including but not limited to:
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Nerve pain
- Repetitive strain injuries
Manual therapy in Wichita is often used with other treatment methods, such as physical exercises, to provide the best possible outcome.
What Are the Benefits of Manual Therapy?
Manual therapy has many benefits, including but not limited to:
- Reduced pain
- Improved range of motion
- Increased flexibility
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of the nervous system
- Relaxation of muscles
- Reduced inflammation
- Release tight muscles
Manual therapy is suitable for people of all ages. If you have suffered from an accident or injury or have a chronic condition that is causing you pain, manual therapy by Physical Therapy by Phoenix in Wichita may be able to help. It can also help people who want to prevent injuries from occurring in the first place.
How Is Manual Therapy Performed?
A trained physical therapist usually performs manual therapy. The therapist will use their hands to assess the affected area and then apply various techniques to manipulate the soft tissues and joints. Some of these techniques include,
- Joint Mobilization: The technique is used to increase the range of motion in a joint. The therapists use their hands to apply a gentle force to the joint and move it in a specific direction.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization: The technique releases muscle and connective tissue tension. The therapist will apply pressure and massage the affected area.
- Joint Manipulation: The technique realigns the joints that have become stuck or restricted. The therapist applies a sudden force to the joint to move it into the correct position.
- Muscle Energy Techniques: The technique stretches and lengthens the muscles. As the therapist applies pressure to the muscle, he asks the patient to contract it.
- Myofascial Release: This type of soft tissue mobilization releases tension in the fascia (connective tissue). The therapist uses his hands to stretch the fascia.
- Neural Mobilization: The technique is used to release nerve tension.
- Visceral Manipulation: The technique releases organ and tissue restrictions. It facilitates the proper functioning and mobility of the internal organs in the body.
- Trigger Point Release: It releases tension in the muscles that have become tight or knotted.
- Lymphatic Drainage: The technique helps to reduce swelling by stimulating the lymphatic system.
Can Manual Therapy Cause Pain?
Manual therapy in Wichita is a safe and effective treatment method. Some patients may experience mild pain from the therapist applying too much pressure to the tissues or forcefully moving the joint. It is essential to communicate with your therapist if you experience any discomfort during the treatment, and they can adjust their techniques accordingly.
Enjoy Safe and Affordable Manual Therapy Treatment with Us
At Physical Therapy by Phoenix in Wichita, your safety and well-being are our top priorities. Talk to our highly experienced team to learn more about manual therapy and how it can help you achieve your goals. Physical Therapy by Phoenix’s team of experienced and certified therapists will tailor the treatment to your specific needs and condition. Contact Wichita’s Physical Therapy by Phoenix today to book an appointment.