Worker’s Compensation Therapy
Workplace injuries are not uncommon in Wichita. A work injury is defined as one that occurs while you are working or due to your work. Workplace injuries can result from a one-time accident or exposure to conditions over time, such as repetitive motion injuries.
Most workplace injuries are minor and heal with rest and home care. However, some workplace injuries are more serious, requiring emergency medical treatment and hospitalization. Some workplace injuries can lead to long-term health problems or even disability.
If you are injured at work, you may wonder if physical therapy can help. The answer is yes! Physical therapy can be integral to your treatment and recovery from a workplace injury.
Some Common Workplace Injuries That Physical Therapy Can Treat
Physical Therapy By Phoenix in Wichita can play a pivotal role in the treatment of the following issues:
- Sprains: Injuries to the ligaments and muscles are often the result of a fall, lifting a heavy object, or repetitive motion.
- Back Injuries: Back injuries can range from a simple strain to a herniated disc. They are often the result of lifting a heavy object.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: It is a condition that is a result of the compression of the median nerve in the wrist. The repetitive motion of the wrist and hand causes the condition. Example:
- Tendonitis: It is an inflammation of the tendons. It is common among people who perform the same motion over and over again.
What Are the Benefits of Physical Therapy for Workplace Injuries?
There are multiple benefits of physical therapy for workplace injuries, such as:
- Relief of Pain – Physical therapy can help to relieve pain by using modalities such as heat, ice, and electrical stimulation.
- Decreased Swelling – Physical therapy can help decrease swelling through compression and elevation techniques.
- Increased Range of Motion – Physical therapy can help to increase the range of motion by stretching the muscles and ligaments.
- Strengthening of Muscles – Physical therapy can help to strengthen the muscles and ligaments by using exercises. For instance, isometric exercises can help to strengthen the muscles without putting too much strain on the joints.
- Preventing Further Injury – Physical therapy can help to prevent further injury by teaching you proper body mechanics and how to avoid repetitive motions. Our specialists will also educate you about your injury and how to prevent further injury.
Why Should You Choose Physical Therapy Over Other Treatment Options?
- Non-invasive – There is no surgery or medication involved.
- Cost-effective – The treatment is affordable and often covered by insurance.
- Time-efficient – Our therapy plans do not require extended hospital stays or recovery.
- Effective – It has been proven effective in treating many common workplace injuries.
Can Physical Therapy Prevent Workplace Injuries?
Yes! Physical therapy in Wichita can help prevent workplace injuries. Intrinsic and extrinsic factors can lead to workplace injuries, such as poor posture, weak muscles, and repetitive motions.
Physical therapy can help by addressing these factors. For example, physical therapy can help improve your posture and alignment. It may strengthen weak muscles and improve flexibility.
Suffered a Workplace Injury? Physical Therapy By Phoenix is Here to Help You!
At Wichita’s Physical Therapy by Phoenix, we are experienced in treating workplace injuries. We will create a personalized treatment regime that meets your specific needs and goals. Treatment may include exercises, stretches, manual therapy, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound.
Physical Therapy By Phoenix will also provide education on how to properly use your body, avoid repetitive motions, and prevent any further damage or injuries. Call Wichita’s best therapists at Physical Therapy By Phoenix today!